HomeFootballExclusive: Mazembe offer MK180 Million for Bullets' duo, eye Wanderers' skipper

Exclusive: Mazembe offer MK180 Million for Bullets’ duo, eye Wanderers’ skipper

- Advertisement -

Democratic Republic Of Congo’s Champions, TP Mazembe have tabled FCB Nyasa Big Bullets a lucrative offer of MK180 Million for the services of their attacking duo of Lanjesi Nkhoma and Patrick Mwaungulu as they prepare to build a team for the 2024/25 Caf Champions League, Wa Mpira can Reveal this.

Mazembe who have been just crowned Champions of the DRC league have offered MK110 Million for the 2023 TNM Super League Player of the Season, Mwaungulu, and Nkhoma who bagged 22 goals last season will go at MK70 Million.

MORE NEWS FROM WAMPIRA

Sources close to the players told Wa Mpira on Saturday morning that Bullets will allow the players to leave the Club despite the team struggling this season.

- Advertisement -

“The offer has been made and Bullets are willing to let the players join Mazembe. This is one of the reasons why they participate in the Champions League because they want to expose their talents beyond borders,” said the source.

The two attacking players have been Bullets’ hubs since their promotion from the Reserve side powering the team to several trophies including a historical quadruple last season.

Mazembe have also asked for Mighty Mukuru Wanderers skipper, Lawrence Chaziya’s services as they want to beef up their defense as they expect to make a big clearout ahead of the new season.

- Advertisement -

Sources from DRC told Wa Mpira that several players are expected to leave Mazembe this summer. “The team have about 45 players in their books and some of the players are expected to leave the Club this summer,” said the source.

Wanderers’ Chief Executive Officer, Panganani Ndovi confirmed in an interview with Times Sport that they have received an offer from Mazembe and they will not stand in Chaziya’s way.

“We have an offer from Mazembe, and after reviewing it, we can’t stand on the players’ way. We will allow him to join the Club,” said Ndovi.

- Advertisement -

Meanwhile, Bullets have accepted receiving offers from Mazembe but said that nothing has advanced yet on the deal. “As of now, nothing has advanced yet but we have received the offer,” said Albert Chigoga.

Bullets will try to sign Dedza Dynamos’ winger, Lameck Gamphani should the two leave the team.

Mazembe are on FIFA ban but can sign players

TP Mazembe are serving the FIFA ban for failing to pay $70,000 to their former goalkeeper, Narcisse Nlend for breach of contract without a valid reason. As previously predicted, the club was warned that they would be suspended if they fail to resolve the dispute with the Cameroonian goalkeeper amicably.

Also, another verdict is imminent against TP Mazembe over a non-compliance deal with a sporting manager. Several players engaged in lawsuits against the club, not by choice but by force, as some people close to President Moïse Katumbi acted as if they were untouchable at FIFA, refusing to cooperate amicably with athletes.

However, despite serving the FIFA ban, the Mighty Mazembe can still sign players but will not be able to feature them. FIFA can impose bans usually for two or three transfer windows after clubs have broken transfer rules or have unpaid transfer debts to other clubs. In some cases, bans can be lifted by settling the debt, as Cristiano Ronaldo’s Saudi club Al Nassr did last year in a deal with Leicester.

Clubs banned from registering players – in cases often called “transfer bans” – can sign new players, but cannot field them in matches because they cannot register them with the national federation.

“The main objective of this new tool is to provide stakeholders, including players and clubs, as well as the general public, with an overview of all clubs currently blocked from registering new players, ” FIFA said in a statement.

The season is over in DRC and the players started departing from DRC for holidays on Sunday some are expected to leave on Tuesday according to reports from inside Mazembe.

Efforts to speak to Mazembe’s officials proved futile but sources inside the Club said the deals are to reach the advanced stage as opposed to decent reports which say that the players have played their last games with their parent Clubs.

Featured image: Kimpho Loka/ FCB Nyasa Big Bullets Media


Discover more from Wa Mpira

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

- Advertisement -
Recent Posts
Related News

Leave a Reply