HomeFootballCreck to release seven players in preparation for second half of season

Creck to release seven players in preparation for second half of season

- Advertisement -

Creck Sporting Club is planning to release seven players from their squad as they prepare for the second half of the season, a move previously reported by the Daily Times Sport.

The Area 36-based club has endured an inconsistent first half of the season, collecting just 18 points from 15 games. They have a record of five wins, three draws, and seven defeats, with only Songwe (13) and Mzuzu City Hammers (10) suffering more losses.

While the names of the players have been kept under wraps, Creck Sporting will let them go when the mid-season transfer window opens on Friday. The team finished 6th in their first season in the elite league in 2024 but signed about 13 players before the current season started.

MORE NEWS FROM WAMPIRA

The club fired Joseph Kamwendo as head coach following the team’s poor performance in the first round and replaced him with Eliya Kananji. Kananji inherited a squad that was assembled by Kamwendo and Macdonald Nginde Mtetemera, who was fired at the end of the 2024 season.

- Advertisement -

Club officials have confirmed the plan to release seven players but have refused to confirm their names.

Creck to beef up squad after releasing seven players

Creck posed for photo before playing against Karonga United. Photo by Vancryton Demester/ Creck Sporting.

Currently positioned 9th, Creck Sporting Club would be satisfied with a top-8 finish at the end of the season. Sources say that Kananji, who left Blue Eagles for the job, wants to assemble his own squad.

Creck Sporting is ready to back the coach this transfer window. The technical panel, together with Kananji, has already identified players to sign, but the list was not made available to this publication.

- Advertisement -

Club General Secretary, Aaron Mtaya, said they are waiting for approval from the team’s Patron, Apostle Clifford Kawinga, to start approaching the players and teams that Kananji has submitted.

“Yes, we plan to beef up the squad. We are waiting for the Patron to give us a go-ahead so that we can start negotiating with the players the coach wants. The technical panel is still monitoring the situation to identify some of the players to come in,” says Mtaya in a written response.

In the 2024 season, Creck Sporting finished the first round with 23 points, five more than they have collected this season.

- Advertisement -


Discover more from Wa Mpira

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

- Advertisement -
Antony Isaiah Jnr
Antony Isaiah Jnrhttps://wampiramw.com/
Antony Isaiah Jnr is an award-winning digital journalist who mostly covers stories from Super League teams and regional associations. He is one of the most hardworking members of Wa Mpira Online Publication, covering transfer stories, match reports, opinions. He previously worked as a news editor and reporter at The Malawi Guardian and he is currently working as an editor and a reporter at Wa Mpira with 6 years of experience in online news reporting.
Recent Posts
Related News