HomeFootballBullets re-considering decision on assistant coach Kondowe

Bullets re-considering decision on assistant coach Kondowe

- Advertisement -

FCB Nyasa Big Bullets may reverse their decision to dismiss assistant coach Fischer Kondowe, just days after internally informing him of his departure, according to Times Sports.

The club reportedly made the decision on Monday to part ways with Kondowe, one of their longest-serving members, following accusations that he spearheaded a mutiny within the team—believed to be a contributing factor to the club’s recent decline in form.

Sources indicate that Kondowe was informed of his impending dismissal on Monday, with an official announcement expected to follow. However, mounting pressure from a section of the club’s supporters has prompted the secretariat to reconsider the decision.

MORE NEWS FROM WAMPIRA

“Fischer was sacked at Bullets on Monday. Officials accused him of leading players to [stage a] mutiny. He is also accused of fuelling the rift between Bullets coach Peter Mponda and national team coaches,” a source revealed.

- Advertisement -

“If you follow Fischer on social media, you will notice that on Monday, he posted something on his Facebook page indicating that ‘free at last, Jah guide’. He posted this after being told that he had been fired. However, due to pressure from some fans, the secretariat wants to rescind its decision regarding Fischer’s sacking. So, anything can happen.”

Club Declines to Confirm Reports

When contacted on Tuesday, FCB Nyasa Big Bullets declined to comment on the circulating reports, dismissing the speculation as premature.

Chief Executive Officer Albert Chigoga emphasized that the club has not issued any official statement on the matter and cautioned against reacting to unverified social media reports.

- Advertisement -

“I think for now it would be very premature to take any position on this news because as a club, if there is anything emerging from us, we are the ones who make a statement,” Chigoga said.

“At the moment, I don’t have any concrete information about what is viral on social media. This news hasn’t emerged from FCB Nyasa Big Bullets. If there is anything concrete and credible regarding this matter, we will issue an official statement as a club.”

Fischer Kondowe has been a pivotal figure at FCB Nyasa Big Bullets for years, earning a reputation as one of the most experienced and dedicated members of the technical team. His tenure with the club has seen him work through various capacities, as a player and as a coach and contribute to the development of numerous players who have gone on to represent both the club and the national team.

- Advertisement -
Fans’ favorite

The reported rift between head coach Peter Mponda and national team coaches adds another layer of complexity to the situation. Bullets have historically been a major contributor of players to the Malawi national team, and maintaining harmony between club and country has been crucial for the development of football in the nation.

Sources close to the situation indicate that Kondowe has yet to receive an official letter from the club regarding his dismissal, leaving his status in limbo. One anonymous source suggested that Kondowe had been considering stepping away from football for some time, though this could not be independently verified.

The cryptic nature of Kondowe’s Monday Facebook post—”long at last free now”—has fueled further speculation, with interpretations ranging from relief at leaving a difficult situation to frustration with the circumstances surrounding his departure.


Discover more from Wa Mpira

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

- Advertisement -
Recent Posts
Related News